Friday, September 07, 2007

PAFFS Seal


PAFFS Seal
Originally uploaded by kadete
Maybe you would ask after a very long time of silence, here I am, posting a patch of some kind, here in my blog. It has been more than a year since I had the 'chance' to post something... at least a meaningful one... for everyone's consumption.

A lot has happened this year. For one, I have been a 'public servant' for more than 16 months now. Being one is not a joke... yes we are being paid by the taxes that every honest (not to mention those who are not) taxpayer pays, but the work we do, at least in principle, does not seem to balance well. Also, I have found someone who takes care of me and I also want to take care of all my life. The past 366 days had its ups and downs... but it was well worth it because I had the chance to understand and realized the feeling that most people call "Love".

So, this is the start of yet another phase in my life. Like the seal I posted here, it says "Philippine Air Force Flying School". Yes, I am now in Lipa... not in Quezon City nor La Union where I used to wake up every morning and eat breakfast with a lot of "muta" in my eyes. And Yes, I am currently a "Student Officer" (as what they call us here) in the PAFFS. We are here to learn how to fly planes, and we all expect that this will require a lot of hardwork and patience from us. And that, I intend to do... strive hard and be patient.

They say that entering Flying School is the junction/crossroad in being a military officer of the PAF. Eventhough I do not buy that idea, it seems to be true to a majority of officers here. Being a pilot is, of course, a privilege in the ladder to superiority. But being one doesn't ensure someone to be a good officer and a gentleman. It depends really on the person's values and good upbringing, which...

Brings me to one thought... Good upbringing of parents are crucial and very important to the development of our country as a whole. Hmmnn.... from PAFFS to good upbringing is a long shot, but hey... it does make sense, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home